First Day of School

Today was a great first day of school for the 2011-2012 school year.  We had a crazy schedule with library, art, lunch, recess, early dismissal to practice going to our dismissal areas, switching classes for writing and math, plus not being able to use the gym this morning due to our roof being replaced.  Just about the only thing we got accomplished was labeling and organizing our supplies.  This year, many supplies will be community supplies.  Items such as crayons, markers, paper, and glue will all go into one container to be used by everyone.  A student is not allowed to use supplies until they have contributed that supply to the bucket.  I don’t want parents to feel like they are providing supplies for other students, we are just implementing this new process so that students don’t have too many supplies in their desks.  I will be sending home a reminder note on Tuesday listing any missing school supplies.  I am looking forward to day two of school and starting some educational activities.