Consumers and Producers

Now that we have learned that grass is a producer, crickets are primary consumers, and anoles are secondary consumers, name some producers, primary consumers, and secondary consumers that are found wild here in Missouri. What makes them fit into each of those categories? I will give an example:

Producer: purple coneflowers

This is a producer because it is a plant that goes through photosynthesis to make its own food.

Primary Consumer: cicada

The cicada is a primary consumer because it eats the leaves off of trees.

Secondary Consumer: Little Brown Skink

The skink is a secondary consumer because it eats insects and earthworms.

60 thoughts on “Consumers and Producers

1. Actually Clarise, giraffes are not native to Missouri. We only find them at zoos. Can you think of another primary consumer who lives in Missouri?

1. I think that having a website for sciece class is really cool because thats my favorite subject and i really like how there is a quiz for people to answer.

2. My example of a producer in Missouri is grass because it makes its own food. My example of a primary consumer is a rabbit because it only eats plants. My example of a secondary consumer is a brown bear because it eats other animals.

3. My favorite missouri plant is grass bacause it is the most common plant and makes its own food.My favorite missouri animal that is a primary consumer is a squirrell because they are scavengers that eat plants.My favorite secondary consumer is a wolf this is an example because it eats other animals.

4. A producer is grass because it makes its own food.A primary consumer is a cricket because it eats grass.A secondary consumer is a lion because it eats other animals.

1. These are all correct, but lions are not wild in Missouri. Can you think of a secondary consumer that is from Missouri?

5. I think grass is a producer. It makes it own food.
    Then a deer is a primary consumer.Because it eats plants like grass.
    And a blake bear is a secondary consumer.Only because it eats other animals.

6. A producer is a grass it makes its own food.
    A primary consumer is deer it eats plants.
    A secondary consumer is a black bear eats
    animals.

7. 1. my producer is grass. This is a producer
    because the grass makes a photosynthesis.
    2. My primary consumer is a deer because the deer eats grass.
    3. My secondary consumer is people because we eat deer.

8. 1. A producer in Missouri is grass because it
    makes it’s own food.
    2. A primary consume is a deer and rabbits because they only eat plants.
    3. A secondary consumer is a lizard because it eats other animals like crickets.

9. My example of a producer is grass. Why it is a producer because it makes its own food. My example of a primary consumer is a squirrel because it eats nuts.

10. My example of a producer is cornus florida. I picked this because it is a produer by making its own food.
    My primary consumer is a rabbit is

11. I think grass is a producer because it makes its own food. I think deer are primary consumer because it eats grass. I think a secondary consumer is a coyote because it eats rabbits and other small animals.

12. An example of a producer is the dandy lion because a danndy lion makes its own food.An example of a primary consumer is a deer because it eats plants.Finaly a secondary consumer is a frog because it eats mostly flys.

13. A producer is a dog wood tree because it makes its own food. A primary consumer is a deer or doe because it eats grass and berries. A secondary consumer is a cyote because it eats deer,rabits,and small foxs.

14. I think that grass is a producer in missouri is grass because grass mkes its own food. And a
    primary consumer is a deer because it eats grass. Last a secondary consumer is a bear eats deer.

15. Grass is it own producer because it makes its own food.A primary consumer is a bunny because it eats grass and flowers.A secondary consumer is a bald eagle because it eats rats.

16. A producer is a Day lilly because thier green.
    A primary consumer is a inch worm because they eat plants.A secondary consumer is a blue jay they eat inch worms.

17. Grass is a producer. They get food by using water and sunlight to make their food. Like I said the plant is called producer. A primary consumer is a rabbit. A secondary consumer is a hawk because they eat the rabbits.

18. An example of a producer plant is a rose i think a rose is a producer because it can make its own food.A primary consumer is a squirl because it eats nuts and nuts come out of a plant and grows in a plant to.A secondary consumer is a lizzard because it eats crickets.

19. A rose is a producer and how I now is it makes its own food. Deer is a primary consumer and how I now is it eats grass. sharks is a secendary consumery and how I now is it eats fish.

20. A producer in Missouri is a grass because it makes its own food.
    A primary consumer in Missouri is a deer because it eats grass.
    A scondary consumer in Missouri is a wolve becaues it eats deer.

21. one producer in missouri is grass because it makes its own food and is veary comon. A primary consumer is a cow because it normaly only eats grass.A secondary consumer is a coyote because a coyote eats other animals.

22. A Missouri producer is a plant because the plant makes its on food in the sunlight. a primary consumer is a bunny rabit beacuse it eats plant . and a secondary consumer is a ratcoon eats a rabit.

23. 1.this producer is called a rose because it makes its own food . 2.dears eat grass which is a primary consumer it eat grass and bushes. 3.A vulture eats animal which is a secondary consumer it eat animals.