Week of April 27th – May 1st!!!

Can you believe it has been almost 6 weeks since we were together in our classroom? It makes me very sad not to see your faces and hear you ideas every day, but I am glad that you are home safe where you need to be. I would like to give a shout out to the following students for completing all of their reading and science work on Odysseyware last week:

Nasir
Nylah
Makih
Tatum
Isiah
McKenzie

I know the new Odysseyware program is not the most exciting, but it is very important that you complete your lessons everyday. Most of the lessons contain new material, and we don’t want you to fall behind. Remember, you can always complete the activities on this blog for extra practice, Redbird Math, and Prodigy. Here are some important dates coming up:

Monday: meal delivery via bus routes (only on Mondays), Google Meet 10-10:30, Odysseyware Lessons
Tuesday: Odysseyware Lessons
Wednesday: Google Meet through 4th grade Classroom site with all 4th graders- 2:00-3:00 (we will do a Kahoot this week), Odysseyware Lessons
Thursday: Odysseyware Lessons
Friday: Google Meet in Reading Classroom 10-10:30, Odysseyware Lessons

ELA: This week our Odysseyware lessons will focus on reading longer words using context clues and other strategies. We will also focus on identifying analogies. Here are some practice activities:
1. Analogies Game
2. Context Clues Millionaire Game
3. Room Recess Context Clues Game

Science: The Odysseyware lessons this week in science will focus on magnets: how to make one, how they work, what they attract to, etc. This was going to be our bonus unit at school, so I am glad you will still learn about them on Odysseyware. Here are some practice activities:
1. Magnet Hunt activity and game
2. Magnet Ball Game
3. Pirates of the Lodestone game