Week of January 2nd-6th!!!

Happy New Year!

I can’t believe this school year is half-way over and we have moved into 2017! Before we know it, we will be home again for Spring Break in March. It is always amazing to me how much the school year flies, and how much the students have learned.

Important Dates:
**Reading Logs return this week. Students are now required to complete 2 Reading Counts quizzes by the end of each month. Since December and January are shorter months due to holidays, I am asking that students pass 2 quizzes between December 1st-January 31st.
Friday, January 6th: popcorn day 25 cents, Wildcat Assembly at 2:45, Reading Logs due

ELA:
This week, due to a short week, PBIS Boot Camp, and the Wildcat Assembly, we will take a break from specific learning targets in reading and focus on our goals for fourth grade for the remainder of the year. Students will create an online visual presentation of their goals and should be able to share them with their parents. Look for emails coming later this week.

Science:
We are wrapping up our Earth Materials unit this week and next week. I am aiming for a unit assessment on Friday, January 13th. Look for our study guide to come home by the end of the week. We will spend our last 2 weeks on tis unit learning about rapid changes to the Earth’s surface by earthquakes, volcanoes, and other disasters such as flooding, landslides, and wildfires. Check out the following for more practice and information:

1. Earthquake Hazards Links
2. Beat the Quake-online practice for earthquake safety
3. Volcanic Eruptions Info Page