Activity for December 5, 2013

Today we are going to focus on how we save and waste energy in our everyday lives.  First, I want you to check out the 2 following websites:

1.  Click the following link to be taken to a game about transforming energy from one form to another.  You have to put together objects to make a different kind of energy.  Energy Transformations 7

2.  Click the following link to be taken to a website where you will practice making energy for your community.  You must pay special attention to the directions because you have to create enough energy without spending too much money.  http://education.nationalgeographic.com/media/richmedia/0/213/project/index.html?page=location&ar_a=1

3.  Now it is time to think about your own energy use.  I want you to write at least five sentences on your blog about how well your family saves or wastes energy.  If you save energy, what do you do?  If you feel like your family wastes energy then tell my why?  What could you do to improve this situation.  You need to write a paragraph with complete sentences, capital letters, punctuation, and wonderful spelling.